Benefits of eating Tangerine
1. Rich in nutrition: Tangerines are packed with antioxidants that can help fight the free radicals responsible for disease formation and premature aging. They are an excellent source of vitamins A and C as well as iron, potassium, folate, fiber and flavonoids.
2. Supports a healthy digestive system: The antioxidant, fiber and gluten free properties of a tangerine orange make the fruit easy to digest. Consuming it on a regular basis can help in times of constipation and bloat.
3. Encourages detox: Like all other citrus fruits, tangerines are highly alkaline in nature, which makes the fruit very detoxing. The alkaline properties of tangerine can help sweep the body of built-up toxins and harsh acids.
4. Supports a healthy heart: Tangerines is a healthy heart food – the flavonoids and antioxidant compounds can help to speed up circulation and keep the arteries clean and clear of harmful plaque.
5. Natural stress busters: Tangerines can help deter negative feelings of stress and anxiety by producing neurotransmitters that help calm the nerves and encourages a continuous good mood.