Health Benefits of Onions
- Packed With Nutrients. Onions are nutrient-dense, meaning they’re low in calories but high in vitamins and minerals.
- Onions are low in calories yet high in nutrients, including vitamin C, B vitamins and potassium.
- May Benefit Heart Health.
- Research shows that eating onions may help reduce heart disease risk factors, such as high blood pressure, elevated triglyceride levels and inflammation.
- Loaded With Antioxidants.
- Red onions are rich in anthocyanins, which are powerful plant pigments that may protect against heart disease, certain cancers and diabetes.
- Onions are good for the digestive system.
- Onions are a rich source of prebiotics, which help boost digestive health, improve bacterial balance in your gut and benefit your immune system.